Auto purchase program for Costco members only (HIGHLINE co. referred to as "the Company") is actively promoting efforts to cut off relations with antisocial forces including organized crime groups in accordance with the "Guidelines for the Prevention of Damage Caused by Antisocial Forces" and the ordinances for the elimination of organized crime groups enacted by each prefecture.
Policy for Eliminating Antisocial Forces
1. The Company shall strive to cut off or eliminate all relationships, including business relationships, with antisocial forces, and shall thoroughly prevent their involvement in management activities. In addition, we shall not accept or reject any unreasonable demands and requests made by antisocial forces.
2. The Company shall make an organization-wide effort to resolve any undue demands by antisocial forces and shall ensure the safety of officers and employees.
3. In order to prevent damage caused by antisocial forces, the Company shall establish close cooperative relationships with the police, the National Center for Removal of Criminal Organization, lawyers, and other outside professional organizations at ordinary times, and shall respond promptly and appropriately in the event of an emergency.
4. The Company shall not accept any unreasonable demands by antisocial forces, and shall take legal action, both civil and criminal.
5. The Company will never provide funds, conduct inappropriate or unusual transactions, or offer convenience to antisocial forces, regardless of any unreasonable demands.
6. In the event that the counterparty in a contract to a service or business provided by the Company or a program participant falls under any of the following items, the Company may immediately terminate the contract for the service or business or the provision of the program.
1. If the party or Program Participant is recognized as a crime syndicate, a member of a crime syndicate (including a member of a constituent organization of such a group), a company or organization affiliated with a crime syndicate, or any other antisocial force ("Antisocial Force").
2. When it is found that an officer or a person with substantial management authority, or a person acting as an agent or intermediary for this contract or individual contracts, is an Antisocial Force.
3. When it is recognized that a party or individuals are involved in providing funds, etc. or benefits to antisocial forces.
4. When a contracting counterparty or program participants engages in a violent tort or other violent or quasi-violent act of demand against another party or demands a burden in excess of a reasonable range.
Any party in the contract or program participants who falls under any of the preceding paragraphs shall be liable to compensate for any damages incurred to the Company and program participants shall forfeit all rights to benefits obtained from the Auto Purchase Program.